Schedule Winter Messer Meeting January 4 – 6, 2019
Next to workshops there is always room for freeplay. This year we hired a bigger hall to give ourselves more space.
Completely spontaneous dinner, drinks and discussion together for early arrivals.
- 10:00 – Doors open
- 10:30 – 12:30 – Workshop ‘Take the Peaks with no Fear’ by Joeli Takala of Grieswartt, Helsinki, Finland. Joeli: “How to drill techniques in krieg. This method was developed from wrestling drills used in our club and it forms the basis of introducing students to naked fencing used in show fights.”
- 12:30 – Lunch arrives!
- 13:00 – 15:00 Oskar ter Mors: ‘Beyond the bind’. This workshop will be focusing on how to leave a bind from a position of advantage.
- Afternoon : more freeplay
- 16:00 – 18:00 – Messer Fechtschul: fence with messer or messer & buckler!
- 19:00 – dinner at restaurant The Food Club
- Lange Nacht der Messer: Utrecht can be really pretty.
- 10:00 – afternoon Test cutting with sharp messer.
- 10:00 – Workshop ‘PPIP – pattern, pain, impact and Plan B. Close combat with messer’ by Enzi.
- 12:30 – Lunch again!
- 13:00 – Peter Frank and Ulrik Neumann: ‘A Thorough Demonstration of the Free, Chivalric, and Noble Art of Moving From Isolated Technique to Freeplay Using the Eleven Plays of the Glasgow Fechtbuch , Showing Various Common Plays, Affected and Put Forth in a Handsome and Useful Game’
- Afternoon: more freeplay
- 17:00 – End of the third Winter Messer Meeting